High-end Audio and Video elements are a part of our culture. Whether it’s your local Cineplex with its Dolby Atmos surround system, or the neighbourhood mall with the ‘you are here’ display panel. You can’t get away from it even if you wanted to.
The truth is, you shouldn’t try to, especially if you run a B2C (business to consumer) company.
Incorporating hi-end audio and video technology into the relationship with your consumer is paramount. Outside of a personal connection, audio and video elements may be the best tool you have for attracting potential customers, keeping them engaged, and clearly relaying your brand. An easy to use website, attractive marketing campaigns, even the highly valued personal referral; these tools are all important, but if your main point of sale is at the location, then you need to connect with people once they’re in the door.
Let’s take a look at a couple statistics:
- Videos are proven to increase people’s understanding of your product or service up to 75% (‘Digital Sherpa’). Ever wonder why almost every new product you hear about online has some type of introductory video? It’s not just a fad. Hi-end Audio/Video elements are engaging and informative.
- In a recent study by REELSEO, 82% of marketers confirmed that video marketing had a positive impact on their business. No wonder YouTube is the second most used search engine after Google.
Audio and Video elements, by very nature, are attractive. They connect to our senses immediately because of the bright screen, moving images and the audio that stands out from our surroundings. Using that connection to your advantage can not only mean a new customer, but a more informed and engaged one. Here’s just a few simple ways to make that connection happen:
- Add a beautiful display in your locations window or just inside the door. Use it to inform people of current sales or even create a playlist of videos related to your brand (SportChek does this well. If you’ve visited a location lately, you would have seen screens throughout the store displaying videos that coincide with their brand.)
- Install an audio system and create playlists that fits your brand and connects with your ideal customer (Starbucks does this well. They not only play light, easy-listening tunes in their locations, but they also promote the music through the ‘pick of the week’ song download cards).
- Create your own content and share it on social media and at your location. (Consider displaying social interactions on the displays at your location and use brand specific hashtags linked to different sales or campaigns).
Once you are ready to include or upgrade Audio/Video elements at your location, we would be happy to help you find the right solution. From beautiful video displays to hi-end surround sound systems, we have the knowledge and products you’ll need to improve your customer relations.
If you haven’t already visited our showroom at 408 Terminal Avenue, we’d love to show you around. You can chat with our staff about your space, and experience some of the products that may be a part of your Audio/Video solution.
Vancouver-based home automation experts shed light on this important question
Acquiring your own high-quality home theater is a tremendous personal achievement; however, there is a “bigger picture” to consider: Will investing in a home theater increase your property value? The answer is YES! When a home theater system is integrated correctly, your home immediately advances to a higher value. Multiple top-tier real estate agents agree: For the right buyer, a home theater is a huge draw. In certain markets, the addition of “smart” features, like home theaters, are seen as a must-have amongst high-end house hunters. There’s no question about it, once you experience an integrated home, you never want to go back!
Quality is Key
Buyers in this market are fully aware of the available brands. They are looking for names like Control4, Lutron, Samsung and other top-tiers. High-end brands are more likely to return their investment when it comes time to sell. It is slightly different at the mid-market level. Having a home theater in a suburban home is less likely to dramatically increase your property values, but they are still excellent for making your home stand out in the market. A fully-furnished home theater in a basement, for example, will give your home significant market appeal and opens the door for you to increase the asking price over comparable properties in the region.
In the Final Analysis…
For many situations, a well-outfitted theater can actively boost your property values and adds a great amenity to showcase when you are trying to make a sale! When you’re ready to learn more about home technology, give us a call or visit our showroom. We make it easy.
The Consumer Electronics Show, the yearly tribute to electronic wizardry, has come and gone. CES 2013 has once again succeeded in generating buzz and unveiling new products and concepts for integrated technology. For this post, we are going to explore new retail product concepts revealed at CES 2013.
What does the future hold for retail technology? Check it out!
Sneak Peeks at the Future of Retail Technology from the CES 2013
- Forget Wi-Fi: Computer Tables are the New Wave! The tablet revolution has suddenly splintered. Even as Apple and Samsung struggle to see who can make the smallest feature-packed gadgets, others such as Moneaul are looking to design tablets the size of dining tables or larger! These are currently very proof-of-concept, but the applications of this retail technology for a high-tech venue (such as a café) are remarkable.
- HAL… HAL… HAL?!?! Speech interaction with your computer is no longer a concept out of sci-fi. Apple’s SIRI system was just the beginning. Voice interfaces are now appearing everywhere. The anticipated time until voice-controlled menu ordering systems become standard for everything from your television to restaurants to car parts is now months, not years, away.
- To App or Not to App? App it! This year, if it can have a touchscreen, it does. And if it has a touchscreen, it will run apps. We’re even seeing products like refrigerators with built-in Evernote app systems. Smart appliances are destined to help both homes and businesses run more efficiently.
- Bigger is getting better! Samsung’s gigantic 4,000+ pixel Super-High-Def screens shaking up the industry. They are sure to grab the attention of sports bar patrons who flock to watch the latest event on crystal-clear displays, or that sports aficionado who wants to bring the game home.
With new technologies on the horizon, the technological possibilities for retail stores are endless.
WestCoast Audio Video Gallery has been operating out of Yaletown, Vancouver for the past 6 Years. We are experts in residential and commercial Audio-Video Systems as well as control systems and automation. This includes lighting control. We offer business to business turnkey audio video solutions for designers, contractors, architects and developers.
Vancouver Technology Design Integration: Hidden Television Tips
When constructing and designing great homes and businesses, it is important to have a winning team of contractors, interior designers, and architects. If one element is out of line, it could jeopardize the timing and craftsmanship of an entire project.
As an audio video integration specialist, we have been called upon to work with many Vancouver interior designers and craftsman to assist in the technology design process. Everyone loves the benefits of technology, but getting technology into a given space without compromising the integrity of the interior designer’s vision takes skill and experience.
Almost every designed space has a television, but sometimes the client or interior designer would like for it to fade away into the intended design when it is not in use. In these cases, there are several techniques that we use to create the appearance of a non-existing display or television in a room. To integrate many of these techniques, it is vital for all craftsman and designers to work together. When everyone works together, the final results can truly be amazing!
Here are a few ways we hide a television when integrating a project.
There are many types of television lifts. They can come from under a bed, from the ceiling, or any piece of cabinetry. It is of the utmost importance for the interior designers, AV integrator (West Coast AV) and other craftsman to work together in incorporating a TV lift to make sure all elements and spaces are in place and allocated.
Why have a plain black screen in the middle of your living room when it could be a mirror? Besides just the living space, mirror TV’s are great to embed in master bathroom mirrors, so you can watch the morning news while getting ready for work!
If you want to get super fancy, you can frame your TV like a piece of art, and incorporate a motorized painted canvas to roll up and down as the TV is turned on and off. When the TV is not being used, there is a piece of art on the wall!
Everyone loves his or her technology, but sometimes it’s best for it not to be seen. We help interior designer realize their vision while still incorporating all the conveniences of modern technology.