Westcoast AV Gallery Reads the Signs of Future Advertising
Everyone at Westcoast AV Gallery has spent most of their lives as avid technology enthusiasts, yet we are still occasionally amazed at just how far we’ve come in the last few decades. When we were kids, signs were made of nothing but metal, plastic, or neon, and the closest they came to being interactive was sending a teenager up a ladder to update how many burgers McDonalds had served that week.
Now we have digital signage that improves on traditional signs in practically every way. Yes, these signs do cost more up front, but they offer impressive benefits far beyond traditional signage. Whether we’re talking modern LED display boards or more traditional flat-screen monitors, a digital sign can be a tremendous boost to your business.
The Consumer Electronics Show, the yearly tribute to electronic wizardry, has come and gone. CES 2013 has once again succeeded in generating buzz and unveiling new products and concepts for integrated technology. For this post, we are going to explore new retail product concepts revealed at CES 2013.
What does the future hold for retail technology? Check it out!
Sneak Peeks at the Future of Retail Technology from the CES 2013
- Forget Wi-Fi: Computer Tables are the New Wave! The tablet revolution has suddenly splintered. Even as Apple and Samsung struggle to see who can make the smallest feature-packed gadgets, others such as Moneaul are looking to design tablets the size of dining tables or larger! These are currently very proof-of-concept, but the applications of this retail technology for a high-tech venue (such as a café) are remarkable.
- HAL… HAL… HAL?!?! Speech interaction with your computer is no longer a concept out of sci-fi. Apple’s SIRI system was just the beginning. Voice interfaces are now appearing everywhere. The anticipated time until voice-controlled menu ordering systems become standard for everything from your television to restaurants to car parts is now months, not years, away.
- To App or Not to App? App it! This year, if it can have a touchscreen, it does. And if it has a touchscreen, it will run apps. We’re even seeing products like refrigerators with built-in Evernote app systems. Smart appliances are destined to help both homes and businesses run more efficiently.
- Bigger is getting better! Samsung’s gigantic 4,000+ pixel Super-High-Def screens shaking up the industry. They are sure to grab the attention of sports bar patrons who flock to watch the latest event on crystal-clear displays, or that sports aficionado who wants to bring the game home.
With new technologies on the horizon, the technological possibilities for retail stores are endless.
WestCoast Audio Video Gallery has been operating out of Yaletown, Vancouver for the past 6 Years. We are experts in residential and commercial Audio-Video Systems as well as control systems and automation. This includes lighting control. We offer business to business turnkey audio video solutions for designers, contractors, architects and developers.
Even as a group who has spent most of their lives as avid technology enthusiast, we still occasionally get amazed at just how far we’ve come in the last couple decades. When we were kids, signs were made of nothing but metal, plastic, or neon, and the closest they came to being interactive was sending some teenager up on a ladder to update how many burgers McDonald’s has served this week.
Now, we have digital signage, which improves on traditional signs in practically every way. Yes, these signs do cost more up-front, but they offer impressive benefits far beyond traditional signage. Whether we’re talking modern LED display boards or more traditional flat-screen monitors, a digital sign can be a tremendous boost to your business.
Five Great Features of Digital Signage
- Visual Impact. Whether you’re talking about a bright, high-resolution, animated LED display, or a wall of monitors taking up one wall of your establishment, digital signage gets eyeballs fast. No other form of sign is as easily seen or as eye-catching as a digital sign, especially one playing video, and that means more people walking in your door.
- Interactive ordering systems. Forward-looking cafes and restaurants have been experimenting with interactive digital menus, which both cuts down on labor and makes the process more entertaining for customers. This digital signage concept could be expanded to virtually any on-demand sales product.
- Infinite message potential. Unlike a traditional sign, digital signage can be updated with any message you want, at any time of day, as many times a day as you need. All it takes is a couple minutes at a computer to completely redesign the board and send a new message to it. This vastly increases the number of people you can reach out to in a day.
- Engage customers. Why use standard books and brochures? A phalanx of touchscreen-based tablet PCs makes a great display section that’s fun for customers to play with to boot.
- Get social! Digital signage can easily be hooked into social services such as Facebook and Twitter. You could display Facebook wall posts, or keep up live Twitter conversations with visitors on a large display. Digital signage is a perfect way of bringing social media into your business.
At West Coast Audio Video, we have installed screens, av equipment, cabling, for Samsung, Blenz, Wireless Wave, TBooth and have handled the logistics and planning of over 500 stores across Canada!
Key Takeaway: No matter what sort of business you’re in, digital signage makes an impact on your customers and helps make your location a place people want to visit.