High-end Audio and Video elements are a part of our culture. Whether it’s your local Cineplex with its Dolby Atmos surround system, or the neighbourhood mall with the ‘you are here’ display panel. You can’t get away from it even if you wanted to.
The truth is, you shouldn’t try to, especially if you run a B2C (business to consumer) company.
Incorporating hi-end audio and video technology into the relationship with your consumer is paramount. Outside of a personal connection, audio and video elements may be the best tool you have for attracting potential customers, keeping them engaged, and clearly relaying your brand. An easy to use website, attractive marketing campaigns, even the highly valued personal referral; these tools are all important, but if your main point of sale is at the location, then you need to connect with people once they’re in the door.
Let’s take a look at a couple statistics:
- Videos are proven to increase people’s understanding of your product or service up to 75% (‘Digital Sherpa’). Ever wonder why almost every new product you hear about online has some type of introductory video? It’s not just a fad. Hi-end Audio/Video elements are engaging and informative.
- In a recent study by REELSEO, 82% of marketers confirmed that video marketing had a positive impact on their business. No wonder YouTube is the second most used search engine after Google.
Audio and Video elements, by very nature, are attractive. They connect to our senses immediately because of the bright screen, moving images and the audio that stands out from our surroundings. Using that connection to your advantage can not only mean a new customer, but a more informed and engaged one. Here’s just a few simple ways to make that connection happen:
- Add a beautiful display in your locations window or just inside the door. Use it to inform people of current sales or even create a playlist of videos related to your brand (SportChek does this well. If you’ve visited a location lately, you would have seen screens throughout the store displaying videos that coincide with their brand.)
- Install an audio system and create playlists that fits your brand and connects with your ideal customer (Starbucks does this well. They not only play light, easy-listening tunes in their locations, but they also promote the music through the ‘pick of the week’ song download cards).
- Create your own content and share it on social media and at your location. (Consider displaying social interactions on the displays at your location and use brand specific hashtags linked to different sales or campaigns).
Once you are ready to include or upgrade Audio/Video elements at your location, we would be happy to help you find the right solution. From beautiful video displays to hi-end surround sound systems, we have the knowledge and products you’ll need to improve your customer relations.
If you haven’t already visited our showroom at 408 Terminal Avenue, we’d love to show you around. You can chat with our staff about your space, and experience some of the products that may be a part of your Audio/Video solution.
We’ve all been there. The banquet hall with the sketchy sound system. Meeting rooms without easy to use connections for your devices. Halls with low quality projectors that use the wall as a screen. Or, dare I say it, empty rooms where you’re left to fend for yourself. It’s not what we’d call the ideal experience.
Banquet halls and meeting rooms can create a much better experience through a simple upgrade to their Audio and Video systems. Beautiful displays and projection screens, hi-quality sound dispersed evenly throughout the room, easy to use device connections – these are all upgrades that would be a solid investment. By bringing your meeting room up to current standards, you increase the value of your space and help to create a much better experience for its users.
As technology continues to advance, the public’s expectations on meeting rooms does as well. For example, walking into a space that doesn’t have proper connections for common devices causes problems and disappointments. Not only are the connections themselves important, but also the quality. Today’s users expect clear, evenly dispersed audio and hi-definition (usually 720p or 1080p) video. Using a random projector because it was on sale at the local office supply store may not be the best use of your money.
Recently, Westcoast AV Gallery was tasked with upgrading the Audio/Video systems for the Harbour Room at the Vancouver Rowing Club’s facility (the room’s primary use is for weddings, banquets and general meetings). As with many established facilities, their system was around 12 years old and needed to be upgraded to current standards. Their needs were probably similar to most places:
upgrade current speaker setup to provide higher quality, evenly dispersed audio
upgrade current presentation setup (projector & screen)
add ability to connect a laptop as an A/V presentation source
add wireless connectivity of A/V sources from mobile devices (IE. Smart phones & tablets)
- add A/V control system with a touch screen wall panel that is easy to operate
Simple needs that most meeting rooms would have, correct? We think so.
After viewing the space and understanding the needs, we planned a solution that included the following:
- 6 Factor K8 Kevlar hi-power 8” in-ceiling speakers in the cross beams for a clean, hi-performance speaker system
Optoma EH500 1080p Hi Definition HDMI projector (to replace the lower resolution old projector)
HDMI port at podium for connection to the A/V system (for laptops)
Apple Airport Extreme to provide robust Wi-Fi network
Apple TV to allow for screen mirroring from Apple devices
RTI control system with in wall touch panel to power on/off the system and change A/V inputs
The needs and appropriate solution for each meeting room will differ, but the current standards will remain the same. Depending on the primary use of your space and it’s audience, the solution to bring your meeting room up to current standards could be a lot simpler than you think. Whatever the case, you can’t go wrong with upgrading your meeting room to current Audio/Video standards.
At Westcoast AV Gallery, we pride ourselves in offering hi-end Audio and Video solutions. We’d love to help you find the right solution for your meeting room. If you visit our showroom at 408 Terminal Avenue, you could chat with our staff and even experience some of the products that may be part of your solution.