How Can Digital Signage Help Your Business? 5 Great Features
Even as a group who has spent most of their lives as avid technology enthusiast, we still occasionally get amazed at just how far we’ve come in the last couple decades. When we were kids, signs were made of nothing but metal, plastic, or neon, and the closest they came to being interactive was sending some teenager up on a ladder to update how many burgers McDonald’s has served this week.
Now, we have digital signage, which improves on traditional signs in practically every way. Yes, these signs do cost more up-front, but they offer impressive benefits far beyond traditional signage. Whether we’re talking modern LED display boards or more traditional flat-screen monitors, a digital sign can be a tremendous boost to your business.
Five Great Features of Digital Signage
- Visual Impact. Whether you’re talking about a bright, high-resolution, animated LED display, or a wall of monitors taking up one wall of your establishment, digital signage gets eyeballs fast. No other form of sign is as easily seen or as eye-catching as a digital sign, especially one playing video, and that means more people walking in your door.
- Interactive ordering systems. Forward-looking cafes and restaurants have been experimenting with interactive digital menus, which both cuts down on labor and makes the process more entertaining for customers. This digital signage concept could be expanded to virtually any on-demand sales product.
- Infinite message potential. Unlike a traditional sign, digital signage can be updated with any message you want, at any time of day, as many times a day as you need. All it takes is a couple minutes at a computer to completely redesign the board and send a new message to it. This vastly increases the number of people you can reach out to in a day.
- Engage customers. Why use standard books and brochures? A phalanx of touchscreen-based tablet PCs makes a great display section that’s fun for customers to play with to boot.
- Get social! Digital signage can easily be hooked into social services such as Facebook and Twitter. You could display Facebook wall posts, or keep up live Twitter conversations with visitors on a large display. Digital signage is a perfect way of bringing social media into your business.
At West Coast Audio Video, we have installed screens, av equipment, cabling, for Samsung, Blenz, Wireless Wave, TBooth and have handled the logistics and planning of over 500 stores across Canada!
Key Takeaway: No matter what sort of business you’re in, digital signage makes an impact on your customers and helps make your location a place people want to visit.