Control 4 is an affordable residential and commercial automation solution that can make your home or business smarter and more efficient. With control 4 your home’s audio, video, lighting, security, thermostat and even jacuzzi can be controlled from a keypad or touch screen device. However, there are many home automation choices on the market, so how do you know if Control 4 is the right solution for your home or business? Here is some friendly advice that will hopefully clear the confusion.
The three most popular manufacturers in the automation industry are Crestron, Savant, and Control 4.
Crestron has been around for 40 plus years and is the grandfather of the “smart home” automation industry. Crestron systems are usually used for large-scale homes that are 5,000 square feet or more, Crestron is also used for government buildings, educational facilities, and medium to large corporate buildings.
Savant is similar to Crestron in price, but lacks the 40 plus years of experience in the market. They offer a solution unlike Crestron that is slightly easier to program for projects that do not require a lot of customization. Savant hardware is comprised of a Mac Mini making many to believe that Savant is the Apple of smart home automation. They also use exclusively Apple products for control like the iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad. However, these control devices and apps are also available for any other control system you may choose to use.
Control 4 was born on the philosophy that you do not need to be living the life of luxury to enjoy smart home automation. The Control 4 market targets homes and businesses that are less than 5,000 square feet and do not require a lot of customization. The control 4 programing is extremely simple to configure compared to Crestron or Savant. This ready to go out of the box approach Control 4 adopted creates huge savings for consumers looking to save money on expensive programming costs.
Our team here at West Coast Audio Video Gallery uses Control 4 frequently to make homeowners lives easier while not breaking their bank when doing so. Control 4 is not the right solution for every project, but if you have a small to medium sized home or business, it may be the right solution for you.
Even as a group who has spent most of their lives as avid technology enthusiast, we still occasionally get amazed at just how far we’ve come in the last couple decades. When we were kids, signs were made of nothing but metal, plastic, or neon, and the closest they came to being interactive was sending some teenager up on a ladder to update how many burgers McDonald’s has served this week.
Now, we have digital signage, which improves on traditional signs in practically every way. Yes, these signs do cost more up-front, but they offer impressive benefits far beyond traditional signage. Whether we’re talking modern LED display boards or more traditional flat-screen monitors, a digital sign can be a tremendous boost to your business.
Five Great Features of Digital Signage
- Visual Impact. Whether you’re talking about a bright, high-resolution, animated LED display, or a wall of monitors taking up one wall of your establishment, digital signage gets eyeballs fast. No other form of sign is as easily seen or as eye-catching as a digital sign, especially one playing video, and that means more people walking in your door.
- Interactive ordering systems. Forward-looking cafes and restaurants have been experimenting with interactive digital menus, which both cuts down on labor and makes the process more entertaining for customers. This digital signage concept could be expanded to virtually any on-demand sales product.
- Infinite message potential. Unlike a traditional sign, digital signage can be updated with any message you want, at any time of day, as many times a day as you need. All it takes is a couple minutes at a computer to completely redesign the board and send a new message to it. This vastly increases the number of people you can reach out to in a day.
- Engage customers. Why use standard books and brochures? A phalanx of touchscreen-based tablet PCs makes a great display section that’s fun for customers to play with to boot.
- Get social! Digital signage can easily be hooked into social services such as Facebook and Twitter. You could display Facebook wall posts, or keep up live Twitter conversations with visitors on a large display. Digital signage is a perfect way of bringing social media into your business.
At West Coast Audio Video, we have installed screens, av equipment, cabling, for Samsung, Blenz, Wireless Wave, TBooth and have handled the logistics and planning of over 500 stores across Canada!
Key Takeaway: No matter what sort of business you’re in, digital signage makes an impact on your customers and helps make your location a place people want to visit.